The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped gland that lies across the trachea at the base of the throat. One of the largest endocrine (hormone secreting) glands in the body the thyroid gland produces and secretes thyroid hormones, mostly T4 (inactive) and small amounts of T3 (active). When needed T4 is typically converted in the liver, kidney and other tissue to active T3. The primary action of thyroid hormone is to raise the body’s metabolic rate-that is, to increase the rate of oxygen consumption and energy expenditure. Thyroid hormones are also essential for normal growth and development in children, interacts with other hormones to modulate carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism, and controls other important biological functions. Thyroid Support is a synergistic combination of nutrients and herbs designed to help support thyroid hormone production, activation and function, all of which are needed for normal, healthy thyroid function.*
• L-Tyrosine is an essential component of thyroid hormones, and helps support the production of hormones that affect mood, energy level and stress response.*
• Kelp provides a natural source of the trace mineral iodine, an essential component of thyroid hormones.
• Vitamins B6 and C are cofactors required for the body’s natural production and metabolism of tyrosine.
• Copper is an essential cofactor for the enzyme responsible for producing thyroid hormones.
• Zinc plays an important role in the structure of thyroid hormone receptors, allowing for efficient binding and function of thyroid hormones.*
Thyroid hormone activation:
• Selenium is an essential cofactor for the deiodinase (removes iodine) enzymes responsible for converting inactive T4 (thyroxine) into the active T3 (triiodothyronine) hormone, which takes place mostly in the liver and kidney, but in other tissues as well.*
Ingredients :Vitamin A (as palmitate) Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol), Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCl), Folic Acid, Iodine (from kelp), Magnesium, (as oxide, amino acid chelate, Zinc (as monomethionine), Selenium (as selenomethionine), Copper (as amino acid chelate), L-Tyrosine, Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf extract, Gugulipid® (Commiphora mukul) resin extract, Bacopin® (Bacopa monniera) leaf extract, Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract, Vegetarian Capsules: cellulose, water, magnesium stearate and silica. Contains soy.